Week Beginning: Sunday 17th February 2013.
Question 6: What does the Holy Spirit do?
Bible readings: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11, John 14:25-27.
1. Does every Christian have the Holy Spirit? (see John 3:5; Romans 8:9-10)
2. Do you think it’s selfish to pray to have ‘more of the Holy Spirit’?
3. Is the work of the Holy Spirit for our own ‘private’ enjoyment or does it have some other purpose? (see 1 Corinthians 12)
4. Will the Holy Spirit lead us astray? (see John 14:25-27)
Activity: Either on your own or in a group,
- Sit down and invite the Holy Spirit to do His work in you by praying “Come Holy Spirit”.
- Then spend the next few minutes in silience, perhaps with your hands open in a gesture of recieving.
- Finally finish by saying this prayer: Thank you Father that you have sent the Holy Spirit to be a seal of our inheritance until the day we meet Jesus Christ face-to-face. Holy Spirit I give you permission to continue your refining work in my life. Amen.
Further resources for those exploring…
Books: “I believe in the Holy Spirit” – Michael Green & “On in the Spirit” – David Watson.